Backup database restored / Civil Stuff / Government stuff

Questions and suggestions about this site
Albert

Post by Albert »

Hi all,

Backup database restored
The last few weeks I have been restoring the backups from 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 into the database. AE1170 does have over 10.000 hits now ;-) (Varying from 2005 until today)

If you do a search on AE1170 you only can see the last 250 (or so) hits. I will be working on the pages to correct this issue in the next couple of days.

To make the database even more complete you can send in logs from your database with the offline tools I wrote. The offline tools can be found at http://share.live-military-mode-s.eu/

If the logs get to big (over 5MB) you can upload them via
http://www.live-military-mode-s.eu/demo/index3.php and click on the Upload button.

Civil Stuff
The civil pages were causing a lot of performance problems. By moving the civil hex codes every 3 hours to a new table it seems to be running OK now. The new Civilian History table is over 25 million records and growing everyday. If you do a search on the civil pages you only will see hits form the last few hours. A link to the history table isn’t available yet. The good news is that all data is kept. The bad news is I must find some time to make the link to the history table work.

Government stuff
I received some request to combine the military and government databases. For now I’m afraid that the military pages will be filled with (too) much government stuff. Maybe I can make the system more personalized so that everyone can fill in there preferences. Due to time this will not be realized very soon.

Thanks for feeding the site and have a nice weekend!

Albert

To Do
- Give everyone access to the whole history of military hex codes
- Make a link to the civil history hex codes
- Introducing preferences (combining military and government stuff or not)