85-0002 Flying Again Under Lockheed colors

If you have any updates on mode-s codes
Navairboss

85-0002 Flying Again Under Lockheed colors

Post by Navairboss »

Morning Albert and all,

I have now 85-0002 flying again conducting test flights in this area after its RERP mod. It was the second C-5 inducted into the Reliability Enhancement and Re-engining Program, or RERP, production line in Jan of last year. I caught it on my Mode-S box using its old C-5B Hex code AE055F and signing Fixer 50 in the c/s field. I believe that this aircraft is scheduled to return to the 436AW based at KDOV. The Fixer c/s is used by Lockheed for many of their fixed wing aircraft test in this area, so it is probably still in Lockheed's hands. But the aircraft type should now read C-5M instead of C-5B. Not sure when the 436 will get their a/c back.

Larry Van Horn, N5FPW
Brasstown, NC USA
MT Assistant/Review/Technical Editor
Milcom Monitoring Post http://mt-milcom.blogspot.com/
Twitter: @MilcomMP
Albert

Re: 85-0002 Flying Again Under Lockheed colors

Post by Albert »

Navairboss wrote:Morning Albert and all,

I have now 85-0002 flying again conducting test flights in this area after its RERP mod. It was the second C-5 inducted into the Reliability Enhancement and Re-engining Program, or RERP, production line in Jan of last year. I caught it on my Mode-S box using its old C-5B Hex code AE055F and signing Fixer 50 in the c/s field. I believe that this aircraft is scheduled to return to the 436AW based at KDOV. The Fixer c/s is used by Lockheed for many of their fixed wing aircraft test in this area, so it is probably still in Lockheed's hands. But the aircraft type should now read C-5M instead of C-5B. Not sure when the 436 will get their a/c back.

Larry Van Horn, N5FPW
Brasstown, NC USA
MT Assistant/Review/Technical Editor
Milcom Monitoring Post http://mt-milcom.blogspot.com/
Twitter: @MilcomMP
Thanks for the information Larry!

Albert