[Closed] Raspberry Pi Zero and java

Questions about joining this site
bosgnoom

[Closed] Raspberry Pi Zero and java

Post by bosgnoom »

Hello all,

Since last week I have renewed my interest in the (military) flight operations, as there were a LOT of army helicopters (Black Hawks, Chinooks, ...) in the air. Most likely they were a part of the large American transport in and around the Netherlands.

After digging up my rtl-sdr stick and a powered USB hub, I'm now running flightaware again on a Raspberry Pi Zero W.

Next to that, I want also to resume my feed to this site. Unfortunately, I cannot get java to run anymore (as supposed the ARMv6 support has stopped for the Raspberry Pi 1's and 0's). So, at the moment I am unable to use the modes.jar as found here.

Has anyone any problems if I decide to develop a python version of the modes.jar? Is anyone interested? My current guess is that a python version will also be lower on resources.
Last edited by bosgnoom on Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
modesfan

Re: JAVA to Python conversion

Post by modesfan »

Hello bosgnome,

I am surprised to hear about your Java problems. Java 8 should run on Pi Zero W.

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install oracle-java8-jdk
Regards
bosgnoom

Post by bosgnoom »

Finally I had success installing openjdk-8-jre.

Trying to join this site now.

Are you aware that there are two locations found with information (and so two versions) of the raspberry pi program? https://www.live-military-mode-s.eu/Rpi/ and https://www.live-military-mode-s.eu/share/PI/

EDIT: At first, I installed openjdk-11, but had to remove ALL java versions before installing openjdk-8-jre in order to get it working.
Last edited by bosgnoom on Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
modesfan

Post by modesfan »

The first one under /Rpi is modesfiltered a modification of the second under /share/PI. The latter doesn't work anymore.

In the thread "Benefits of modesfiltered" I tried to advertise modesfiltered: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3328

Maybe we should remove the link to /share/PI. I will discuss this with Albert.
bosgnoom

Post by bosgnoom »

OK. Thank you for explaining.

Now I want to install a better antenna...
Albert

Post by Albert »

modesfan wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:30 pm The first one under /Rpi is modesfiltered a modification of the second under /share/PI. The latter doesn't work anymore.

In the thread "Benefits of modesfiltered" I tried to advertise modesfiltered: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3328

Maybe we should remove the link to /share/PI. I will discuss this with Albert.
Hi Guys,

Sorry for the late reply. THe share/PI link is disabled.

Albert