Joining live-military-mode-s?

Questions about joining this site
Freqman

Joining live-military-mode-s?

Post by Freqman »

In the beginning of November, I filled out the form on the live mode website. :cry:

Because I did not receive a response, I also mailed to livemodes@gmail.com on 21 November 2018 with the request:
"I have joined and I am sending data to 85.25.235.202:
  locationname: Dongen, NL
  I request a username and password to get into the site. "

Still not seen an answer, can someone advise me how to get access?
Thanks in advance,
Freqman.
modesfan

Re: Joining live-military-mode-s?

Post by modesfan »

Hi Freqman,
Welcome to live-mil-mode-s! Please be patient with the admin, there will be an answer soon.
May I ask in the meantime what kind of hardware are you using, PC oder RPi?

Modesfan
Freqman

Post by Freqman »

Hi Modesfan, thanks for your quick response!

Since Autumn 2014 I'm feeding Planeplotter and since Spring 2016 I'm feeding with a ModeSbeast/Rpi3B+ to FA and ADSBx.
Fortunately without any noticeable problems.

After repeated attempts, I was not able to make a connection to live-military-modes with modesfiltered.jar on my Rpi that did not stop regularly.
For the time being I have now made a feed from my PC, but it does not run 24/7.

After admission to the site, I would like to make a definitive Rpi-connection for 24/7.

Because of absence - which almost never occurs - the PC will be switched off now for a few days; it will be feeding again from next Saturday.

TIA,

Freqman
modesfan

Post by modesfan »

I did check locationsonline just a minute ago. There was an entry: "29 Dongen, NL +2:00". Should be all correct.
I would still like to encourage you to use the RPi-version although it is a bit more complicated.
Freqman

Post by Freqman »

OK Modesfan, if you don't mind, next week I hope to ask you some tips to make a stable Rpi version.
Greetings,
Freqman.
Freqman

Post by Freqman »

like to encourage you to use the RPi-version
Hi ModesFan,

Thanks four your patience.
ModeS Logger 4.1a works without problems on the PC with win7.
In contrast to the Rpi, however, I can not find a log file on the PC on the connection.
It is not the intention that the PC is connected 24/7.

I now have access to the site live-military-mode-s.eu :D .

On the Rpi3B + I have previously installed java8 and then modesfiltered EHVK_1304.
That did not work well, the connection always fell out. Now I use modesfilteredV4. I hope to achieve this that the connection remains stable.

I see a format error in modes.log:
Executed com.mysql.jdbc.JDBC4PreparedStatement@15b11f6: INSERT INTO LATLONPI(Hexcode, Location, Date, Time, Lat, Lng, head, Callsign, Alt, Squawk, TimeCreated) VALUES ('43E9FE','Dongen, NL','2018/12/15','15:58:25.471','53.19939','6.74213','---','---','40025','0754','2018,12,05 09:30.15')
high value
Lat
format error
[MSG, 3, 1, 1, 3C648F, 1, 2018/12/15, 14:59:28.711, 2018/12/15, 14:59:28.711, , 7200, , , , , , , , , , 0]

The village 's Gravenmoer from where the upload comes is part of the municipality of Dongen, but is located at a distance of 5 km from Dongen.
My lat/lon is about 51.6600 / 04.9400.

I am not a programmer, your help is very appreciated, thank you in advance.

Freqman.
modesfan

Post by modesfan »

What did you mean with EHVK_1304?

The first entry is just a log of a report to database.
The second part is a format error that has been reported because position information consisting of latitude and longitude was missing in the message. This could be caused by the receiver program. You can ignore such error messages, if they are not very often.

How do you feed modesfiltered, which program and options do you use?

I do not recommend using the version V4. There are some users who experienced problems with the current V16 but I do not. On the contrary, there are some benefits for instance improved logs.
Freqman

Post by Freqman »

Modesfan, hi,

sorry, EHVK_1304 was a directory on my PC wherein modesfiltered.zip version 16.

Thx for the explanation concerning the classification of the dbase.

My configuration: 8 elements coco+antenna - ModeSbeast - Rpi3B+

Via (Jessie) Piaware 3.5.3 I'm feeding Planeplotter, FA, ADSBx and another sharer. Now I link Modesfiltered with it.

Given your advice, I replaced V4 with V16 again, but
V16 regularly falls out, one time after 4 hours, the other time after 6 hours or more.

Although not very elegant, I solved it for the time being :roll: by a command in crontab:

5 0-23/4 * * * sudo service modes restart

Thanks for your attention.

Freqman.
Freqman

Post by Freqman »

BTW with "falls out" I mean that I do not see my Rpi-feed on the website https://www.live-military-mode-s.eu/whi ... nline5.php.
Freqman.
modesfan

Post by modesfan »

The "Location online" on website should not be considered as a measure for "fall out". The table is cleared every minute. The "active" time strongly depends on location. A normal station has around 20 reports per day between 7 and 16 o'clock.
Unfortunately this behaviour is not publicated. I will ask Albert to clarify this.

If you want to know, whether your station is active, check the local logfile. Which usually can be done by: cat /var/log/modes.log