GMT Settings

Questions about joining this site
Albert

GMT Settings

Post by Albert »

Hi All,

Some may have notice that some locations are generating dates in the future. To overcome this problem I changed the GMT handle. All logs will receive the time of the server instead the calculate GMT as before.

Pro
- No logs in the future
- New location will automatically will be processed
- Summer/wintertime changes are handled by the server
- Less processor time, there is no need to calculate the GMT for each log.

Con
- The GMT is not based on the date and time of the client, but based on the servertime
o Some logs from different location will have the same GMT time. However, date and time settings per location are still available on the website

Albert
modesfan

Re: GMT Settings

Post by modesfan »

Hi Albert,
did you test the new feature? There are a lot more rows/pages for Germany today 2016-06-02 around 16:00 several MSGs every single second. 30 pages a day?
Albert

Post by Albert »

modesfan wrote:Hi Albert,
did you test the new feature? There are a lot more rows/pages for Germany today 2016-06-02 around 16:00 several MSGs every single second. 30 pages a day?
HI,

I did test it to a certain level. What happend on the 2016-06-02 was a correction on a script running on the server. At that moment a lot of data was processed on the same moment/time.

Are you still seeing it now?

Albert
skaw

Post by skaw »

Probably a bug..

whenever i click on my station, EDHN,DE (coming from Germany, Current) it only generates one page, saying page 1 of 0. I cannot browse pages there anymore?
modesfan

Post by modesfan »

Hi,
I compared today's report on the website to a local copy of faup1090 output. Again some 30 pages under Germany Current . But it seems to be all correct. It's just a lot of traffic in the air now.
modesfan

Post by modesfan »

@skaw: Yes you are right. For my location there is also only one page at the moment. I don't know why.
skaw

Post by skaw »

Yes, indeed. It's pretty much traffic at the moment with at least two running exercises in the Baltic Sea and Poland. Was able to take pictures of an UK KC-30 Tanker and a NATO SAC operated C-17 as they were flying almost directly above Neumünster. Also a refueling KC-135R with an E-3A in the Kim Short Anchor. Was a pretty productive morning :D
Albert

Post by Albert »

skaw wrote:Yes, indeed. It's pretty much traffic at the moment with at least two running exercises in the Baltic Sea and Poland. Was able to take pictures of an UK KC-30 Tanker and a NATO SAC operated C-17 as they were flying almost directly above Neumünster. Also a refueling KC-135R with an E-3A in the Kim Short Anchor. Was a pretty productive morning :D
Problem solved. Thanks for letting me know!

Albert
modesfan

Post by modesfan »

I don't like the new server based time stamp. I was able to identify the reports of my station on the map view with the version before. Now it doesn't work.
The logged time now depends on client load, server load and internet connection. This has strong influence on the data.

Albert, which time is diplayed by clicking on the markers (plane symbols)? It's totally unclear to me. Each symbol of a track has the same time.

Could you at least add Location to the JavaScript variable that is bound to InfoWindow?
modesfan

Post by modesfan »

Today I checked markings again. Everything is ok with the reports of my station as it was before. Maybe I have just misevaluated yesterdays data. Sorry for that confusion.